When presenting data you may want to add additional context so anyone viewing your dashboard will have the full picture. Using annotations you can pinpoint exact points on your graphs/charts and add this additional detail to your widget.
- On your dashboard click on the graph or chart that you would like to add an annotation to.
- This will open up the expanded widget detail panel. Along the top, you will see two tabs. Click the tab titled Annotations.
- Once in the annotations tab click + Add Annotation
- Select the date you'd like to add an annotation to and then write your comment. This will automatically save and immediately populate on your graph/chart.
- This annotation will be visible both on your live dashboards and any snapshots you send. You can read the specific details upon hover.